it is hard to begin when a couple years have flown by. For me, I’m 14 years NED. I haven’t checked in awhile, I worry about it a lot, and need to go in for a review soon. I always think about it but never book it. Not much had changed for me since my last blog a couple years ago in 2024. I’m still working same job at Guild, living in the same house in East Wenatchee, and still healthy.
This past year was a challenge. Not for me but for Willie, my husband. In June 2025 we found out he had a tumor and had esophageal cancer. They got him started right away on treatment; 8 chemotherapy sessions separated by a surgery to remove 1/2 his stomach and 2/3’s of his esophagus. I’m making this short, but to know more read the blog I wrote for him following his journey; Willie’s Cancer. He got his first CT in August and it didn’t show cancer however there was a small new spot in his lung which we’ll keep an eye on. Next CT in 6 more months.
Having been though my treatment helped us deal with his. His, to me seemed so much more intense, harder, and aggressive. It really sucked watching him go through it. He lost over 40 pounds (30% of his body weight) and so much more. My feelings were intense too. And I had a ton of anxiety throughout this year.
Stress brings up feelings and impulses. Speaking of that, Willie bought me a new car yesterday. It’s a 2026 Toyota BZ, electric. I love it! But now I have to to try to learn how to drive a computer car and plug it in at night to charge it like my phone & my watch. Still, I’m not complaining

No comments:
Post a Comment